TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Classic Tour is suitable for all ages.
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Only one child under 5 years old per adult may travel for free provided they do not occupy a
seat to the exclusion of a fare paying passenger.
- The ticket is valid for use on The Classic Tour only for the time and date stated on the
- The bus cannot wait for latecomers; refunds will not be given although a transfer to another
tour may be arranged subject to availability.
- The ticket remains the property of the company and must be made available for inspection by the conductor or driver on demand.
- Tickets are non refundable and non transferrable. (including private hires and special events)
- We reserve the right to cancel or suspend services as deemed necessary and without issuing
advanced notice. In the event of a tour cancellation a transfer to an alternative tour is available.
- If the tour is stopped for some reason after the first half hour, we can offer you a place on
another tour, free of charge, subject to availability.
- Conditions of carriage are subject to the provisions made by the Public Passenger Vehicles
Act 1981; full details are available from our office.
- Please be aware that due to the nature of London traffic and road closures it may not always be possible to see every landmark advertised on the route. We will always try our best to warn customers if this is the case but it may not always be possible.
- The Classic Tour takes no responsibility for items left on the bus, personal items are
carried at the owners risk and The Classic Tour can take no responsibility for items damaged or lost.
- Smoking, eating and drinks other than non alcoholic bottled drink are not permitted on the bus.
- The Classic Tour reserves the right to refuse entry to intoxicated persons, and will not tolerate in any way abusive or threatening behaviour to staff. In such instances tickets will not be refunded.
- The Classic Tour asks that passengers are mindful of others during the tour, and anyone
behaving in a disruptive manner will be asked to disembark.
- Wedding hire. If hiring the bus for wedding transport customers must take out their own
wedding transport insurance as The Classic Tour cannot accept liability for alternative
transport provision in the event of serious mechanical or technical failure of the bus.
- Please be aware that we operate on historic vehicles and as such whilst we try our upmost to maintain the buses to the highest standards on occasion the buses may encounter
mechanical problems. In the event of a breakdown we will attempt to fix the problem or
deploy a secondary vehicle within 90 minutes of the problem occurring. Only after 90 minutes has passed will refunds be guaranteed.
- Customers are advised to come to the bus stop at least 15 minutes before the tour departure time. A ticket will then be issued stating a queue number to get on board the bus, we operate under a first come first serve basis.
It is not the policy of The Classic Tour to discriminate in any way against employees or
passengers regarding disability, gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. The buses
owned by the company are 1960s Routemasters. They consist of a drivers’ cab, a lower saloon
and an upper saloon and are staffed by one conductor per bus. The bus holds 64 passengers, respectively, and absolutely no standing passengers. The Classic Tour regrets that the bus is not wheelchair accessible. The Classic Tour can reserve seating in advance for the lower saloon for those with mobility concerns. We aim to make our booking process as accessible as possible by providing internet and phone booking facilities. A large print version of our terms and conditions and booking information can be downloaded from this website. Please note:
- The bus does not stop on route; the journey time is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- There are no toilet or water facilities on the bus, but passengers may bring their own non
alcoholic bottled drinks aboard.
The Classic Tour actively seek ways to include as many people as possible, and has a
long term commitment to developing tours which can cater for diverse audiences within the
physical confines of the bus, whilst adhering to DDA guidelines.
The Classic Tour will not share any customer information with third parties, and retains
financial information only for the duration of the transaction.
If you have subscribed to The Classic Tour mailing list you can unsubscribe at any time and
your details will be removed from the system.
The Classic Tour is responsible for all online transactions; the website is owned and
managed by The Classic Tour.